Welcome to Kenya, The homeland of safari adventure that has continued to thrill from time immemorial.
Day 1: Nairobi/Arrival Kenya:
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, meet our staff, greet and transfer to your hotel/lodge.
DAY 2: NAIROBI – Maasai Mara, After breakfast, we shall pick you from your City hotel and depart by 0800hrs for Masai Mara, driving southwest to what has been aptly dubbed as the “ultimate game viewing destination in the world,” home to the largest wildebeest migration across two countries. Descend into the Great Rift Valley where we make our first stop to view the magnificent view below as we take photos.
Afterward, continue with our journey passing maize and wheat plantations along the way as we make our second stop at Narok town (major Masai Administrative center) proceed further south as we arrive at our Sentrim Mara Camp for lunch. At 1600hrs, go for an evening game drive in this pristine, unequaled “big game country.” Dinner and overnight at Sentrim Mara Camp.Distance Nairobi – Masai Mara approx. 250kms.
DAY 3: MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE, after breakfast, this will be a day of game viewing where you will carry packed lunch. Blessed with an outstanding concentration of animals and panoramic views of across the plains and dotted woodlands, the Masai Mara provides an experience unsurpassed. As the northern extension of the great Serengeti grassland, the reserve is host to the annual migration of over a million wildebeest –the most awesome wildlife spectacle on planet earth. The Mara covers an area of about 1,500 square kilometers in the south-western corner of Kenya, is not fenced and bordered on the west by the Olooloo escarpment and in the east by the Ngama Hills. The common language of the Masai is Maa in which the word Mara means spotted – referring to the clusters of the bush which dot the plains. In addition to the wildebeest and hordes of zebra which joins them in their annual pilgrimage for pastures, the Masai Mara supports the lion, cheetah, elephant, kongoni, topi, Thomson’s gazelle and the Defassa waterbuck, as well as eight species of primate. Picnic lunch will be at the hippo pool where with luck you may spot hippos and crocs basking in the sun.
We may visit a Masai manyatta/village to interact with them as they entertain you with dances as you take photos and videos where you may learn more about the Masai culture. Return by 1845hrs. Dinner and overnight at Sentrim Mara Camp/Similar camp.
Day 4: Masai Mara, Early morning pre-breakfast game drive. Lunch at camp. In the afternoon there is a choice between a game drive, swimming at the lodge/camp or a nature walk escorted by our armed Maasai guides. Dinner and overnight stay at Sentrim Mara Camp.
Day 5: Masai Mara – Nakuru, After breakfast, leave Masai Mara for Nakuru with scenic views of Lake Naivasha and Mount Longonot. Lunch will be at Sarova Lion Hill game lodge. In the afternoon proceed for an afternoon game drive around the lake in search of rhinos and flamingoes common in this park. Evening checks out of the park and proceeds for check-in, dinner and overnight at Merica Hotel. Distance approx. 250kms
Day 6: Lake Nakuru – Samburu, After breakfast depart for Samburu Game Reserve with a stop at Thompson Falls, which is named after Joseph Thompson, one of the first European explorers who walked from Mombasa to Lake Victoria in the 1880’s. We shall crisscross the equator almost 8 times. Lunch will be at Ashnilcamp. Have time to relax then afternoon Game drive in the park. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Samburu Camp.Distance approx. 300kms
Day 7: Samburu, Samburu is North of the equator and contains rare, drought resistant animal species which go for long periods of time without water. These include the reticulated / Samburu giraffe, grevy’s zebra, the blue- shanked Somali ostrich, the gerenuk or giraffe gazelle and the beisaoryx.
Break for lunch at camp. In the late afternoon (at an extra cost) go for optional activities like having a nature walk, visiting Samburu villages to see the nomadic lifestyle or swimming in the camp pool. Rest of meals and overnight at AshnilSamburu camp.
Day 8: Samburu – Nairobi, After breakfast, depart Samburu for Nairobi with scenic views of Mount Kenya’s peak if weather permits. Pass very pleasant countryside with tea and coffee plantations en route to Nairobi. Arrive in time for complimentary lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant.
You may choose to extend your safari to Coastal city of Mombasa for a relaxing beach holiday OR if you wish to travel back home you will be transferred to the airport marking the end of our safari. Distance 300kms.
SEASONS: Rates are subject to change by season with the seasons being:
Peak Season – 1 July to 31 October, 22 December to 1 January
High Season – 2 January to 31 March, 16 June to 30 Jun , 1 November to 21 December.
Low Season – 1 April to 15 June.
Price (USD) Per Person.
|Seasons||1 Guest||2 Guests||4 Guests||6 Guests||
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation in a chauffeur driven 6-seater 4WD Land Cruiser with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography.
- Services of English speaking driver-guide.
- Game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Free mineral water during game drives only.
- All meet and greet services.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- 24 hours standby contact number.
- Guaranteed window seat in the vehicle (unless specified by agent).
- Two-way long-range high-frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
- On safari accessories in the vehicle: – First-aid kit, wildlife books, beanbags for easy photography, and a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
- Visas fees and travel insurance.
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Extra activities (hot air balloon safari US$520 per person)
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary
- The above quotes are in US Dollars and applicable all year round
- In case of Beach extension request for a quote