Reasons why a trip to Hell’s Gate National Park should be on your bucket list before the end of 2018
Named for the intense geothermal activity within its boundaries, the Hell’s Gate National Park is a remarkable quarter of the Great Rift Valley. Spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam make it one of the most atmospheric Parks in Africa.
Hell’s Gate is an ideal venue for a day trip from Nairobi where, in addition to the bio-diversity that includes raptors, visitors can enjoy mountain biking, rock climbing and a natural spa. Via http://www.kws.go.ke/content/hells-gate-national-park
Reasons why a trip to Hell’s Gate National Park should be on your bucket list before the end of 2018:
- Walking Safaris | You get to enjoy walking safaris and even families with young energetic children can take part in a walk in the wild alongside zebras, elands, gazelles and giraffes.
- Bike Rides | Bike rides are an option if walking is not what you fancy doing.
- Outdoor Camping | Camping facilities are available within the park so it’s a wonderful place for you to pitch up tent under the dazzling Kenyan night sky.
- Game Viewing Safaris | On a visit to the park you get to see African buffaloes, zebras, elands, hartebeests, Thomson’s gazelles, baboons and over 100 bird species including vultures, Verreaux’s eagles, augur buzzards and swifts. Rare lammergeier vultures, as well as the Chandler’s mountain reedbuck and the klipspringer antelope also call the park home.
- Beautiful Scenery and Hiking | Amazing scenery will surround you thanks to Fischer’s Tower, the Central Tower and the park’s gorge.
- Short Distance | The distance from Nairobi to this place is so close.