The Great Lakes Safari is an ultimate safari in terms of bird watching, wildlife viewing & scenic adventure safari. With this safari option you will visit Kenya Highlands – the Aberdares and Mount Kenya then the Great Rift Valley Park Lakes & crown the tour with a visit to world-renowned Masai Mara an all-round wildlife hotspot not to be missed.
Day 1: Nairobi, Upon arrival at JKIA airport you will be met by our staff and transferred to Golden Tulip hotel for check in and the remainder of the day at leisure. Overnight Golden Tulip hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
Day 2: Nairobi – Aberdares; Meet and greet will be followed by a joint discussion of this itinerary before departure. Begin your safari journey to Mt. Kenya region. This will be a relaxed drive with your driver pointing out any new sightings on the way. Arrive at your lodge in time for Lunch. Afternoon you will be transferred to Aberdares National park for overnight at Tree hotel. Evening game watching at a floodlit waterhole. Watch animals as they come for water and scratch for salt from the comfort of your lodge. Dinner and overnight at the ARK Lodge.
Day 3: Aberdares-Lake Bogoria, After an early morning breakfast, check out and take a scenic drive via Thomson’s Falls where you will stop to view the scenic waterfalls.Proceed via Tea/coffee plantation arriving at Lake Bogoria for lunch. In the afternoon proceed to the reserve to see the Hot Springs and the Geysers and then return back to the resort for Dinner. Dinner and overnight at Lake Bogoria Resort & Spa.
Day 4: Lake Bogoria – Lake Nakuru (Game drive) – Lake Naivasha, Leaving Bogoria, you travel Lake Nakuru. The lake is often colored by a shimmering flamingo pink from thousands of the beautiful birds lining its shores. Once in the park, there will be a game drive en route to the lodge. Following lunch and another early afternoon game drive in the park. At 4 o’clock, leave Lake Nakuru and travel to Lake Naivasha for overnight. Overnight at Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge on a full board basis.
Day 5: Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara, Early morning breakfast followed by a departure with Game viewing en-route to the exit. Drive to Masai Mara arriving in time for late lunch. Evening game drive in this paradise of animals. Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge.
Day 6: Masai Mara, Spent the whole day in game viewing. The scenic appeal of the tree-studded savannah plains, the moderate climate, and diversity of wild game species make it a one-stop point for game viewing. Look out for the “BIG FIVE”, Predators, Star Ventures and much more as they roam freely in this game park. Picnic lunch shall be by the Mara river as we watch hippos & crocodiles or maybe the great migration river crossing [july-september]. Return to your lodge in the evening for Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge.
Day 7: Masai Mara-Nairobi, This is our last day of our safari and we will have an optional early morning game drive before breakfast. After breakfast leaves Masai Mara and drives back to Nairobi with lunch en-route. Arrive in Nairobi in the afternoon & transfer to your resident hotel or to the airport for your onward flight back home.
Contract rates are subject to change by season with the seasons being:
Peak Season – 1 July to 31 October, 22 December to 1 January
High Season – 2 January to 31 March, 16 June to 30 Jun, 1 November to 21 December.
Low Season – 1 April to 15 June.
|Seasons||1 Guest||2 Guests||4 Guests||6 Guests||SRS|
- The above quotes are in US Dollars and applicable all year round
- In case of Beach extension request for a quote
- Child rate 3 to 11 years is 50% of the Adult Rate
- Holiday Surcharge – Easter 14, 15, 16 & 17 April
– Christmas 24, 25, 26, 31 December and 1 January is not included but can be provided on request.
- Meet and greet services with assistance at the airport or hotel
- All transport and game drives on road safaris will be in a modern 4×4 safari land cruiser (with seven window seats)
- Services an English speaking driver-guide on private basis
- All Transfers in Nairobi
- Extra lunch at a local Restaurant on the last day
- Meals and accommodation as specified
- All park fees and government taxes
- 2 bottles of ½ liter mineral water per person per day on game drives
- Visas, international flights and Airport taxes (clients pay directly)
- Driver-guide gratuities, drinks, dining rooms tips, porterage
- Personal travel, baggage, and medical insurance
- We may have to re-route the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Prices for domestic flights, airport taxes or park fees may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you.